All information about your tenancy is kept in our office, either in your tenant file or as a computer record. Information collected includes your application, lease, condition reports, rent reviews and all correspondence between you and Venture. This information is mainly used by Venture’s Property Manager but may be accessed by other staff if necessary.
Your privacy is very important to us and we will not, without your consent, give your personal information to anyone outside the office except when we need to:
- Confirm your name, address and lease start date with essential services (electricity, gas, phone);
- Provide your phone number to contractors in order for repairs to be undertaken;
- Discuss tenancy issues with a support worker, if appropriate, and so long as prior consent has been given;
- Release information where this is required by law such as written requests from Centrelink, the Australian Taxation Office
- Disclose information to other government agencies or statutory bodies for purposes including child protection, health reasons, law enforcement and investigation; and when completing NRAS claims with the Commonwealth Department of Social Services;
- Provide information to third parties for the purposes of debt recovery.
All tenants have the right to look at their own information. If you need to do this, please contact your Property Manager.