All tenants are required to enter into a standard Residential Tenancy Agreement (also called a ‘lease’).
The Residential Tenancy Agreement will be either;
- a Fixed Term Lease, which is currently the case for the homes we manage under the Northern Territory Government Key Worker Affordable Housing and the Key Worker NRAS Affordable Housing schemes, or;
- a Periodic Lease, which provides tenants with the assurance that they can remain in their home without an end date, as long as they remain eligible for the program and abide by the Residential Tenancies Act 1999 and their lease.
- Paying rent on time and in full
- Keeping the home clean and tidy
- Making sure the home is not damaged and reporting any damage as it occurs; and
- Being a good neighbour.
This is an important legal document that, along with the Tenant Handbook should be kept in a safe place.